Monday, February 22, 2010

How to effectively beat something

As expected, Tiger Woods apologized last Friday to a room full of media members, including his mother, college roommate and other random constituents, along with his fans, all PGA players, the rest of the world, and to the parents of the many small, young confused children who considered Woods a role-model. Yes, small children that look up to El Tigre……do you know of any? At this moment none come to mind, but I’m a substitute teacher, so I’ll be on the look out this week and get back to you. Anyway, the apology was straightforward and to the point as Tiger kept repeating how sorry he was for what he had done, and explained that he is already on the road to recovery with the aid of a sex rehab clinic. Correct me if I’m wrong, but why are Tiger and ESPN(former) analyst Steve Philips admitted to such centers? I mean how are Tiger and Steve exceptions from any other dude on this planet? What makes them sex craved lunatics and not every other guy? If they are in there, it’s quite possible we could all just as easily be admitted, I’m not seeing a big difference. I’m not saying every dude does what Tiger and Steve do, but what they did was act on their thoughts, which is perhaps why they instantly gain access to the clinic. And since they got caught doing these absolutely ludicrous acts of sexual disobedience, then they are allowed to use it as a crutch and enter rehab for their “problems”? I’m sorry, but why don’t you just not cheat and then you wouldn’t have the problem? You’re famous, girls throw themselves at you probably for several reasons, but it’s not like the girls walk up to you with a pistol and say “do me, or else!” I call bullshit here. And if that is the case, then it’s a self-control issue and I don’t see where you need to visit a proclaimed sex rehab clinic to remedy the problem. Just stop being a jackass on a national level. And if you absolutely, must exist as a jackass, please do so on a private level and attempt to cover your tracks! Or don’t be married, problem solved.


Moving on, my other bone to pick with this situation is the coverage Tiger gets and how much this issue is hopelessly discussed. Some things require analysis and feedback and some help to divulge everything that is going on; some things don’t. I don’t need to hear what again, former Steven A. Smith feels about the situation….he’s fired from ESPN and STILL being brought on as a guest analyst…..WHY?! Why does ESPN love to focus on the most annoying, most overhyped, most overdramatized issues? See example: Brett Favre. Tiger made his apology…..we, the people, heard the apology because we, the people, have ears. We’ll also form our own opinions on the matter so that we can discuss such business with our colleagues and family members over meetings and meals. What is the need for 24-hour coverage with every possible and non-possible analyst weighing in with their thoughts on the issue? There just isn’t a need for it, it’s a dead horse and this point that’s being continuously flogged. FIND A NEW STORY! Now true, I could just change the channel, but there isn’t anything else that time of the day. I could turn on a soap opera……hmm, wait I found one, and this one contains all elite athletes…..strange, I wonder what it’s about?

No comments:

Post a Comment